About us - History
1791 - The church was built as a Methodist meetinghouse.
1803 and 1850 - It changed to the New Connexion and later became a Congregational Church.
1988 - It became, what it is today, an independent Evangelical Church.
2002 - a 'sister' church was established in nearby Hattersley (Hattersley Community Church).
2011 - Although the building has Mottram Congregational Church etched on the block high on the outside wall this is where the activities of Mottram Evangelical Church take place.
This Grade II listed building is believed to be the oldest surviving Methodist chapel in the Manchester area that is still in use as a place of worship.
For detailed directions to the church click on CONTACT above
MOTTRAM EVANGELICAL CHURCH IS A COMPANY LIMITED BY GUARANTEE (NUMBER 6856759) AND A REGISTERED CHARITY (NUMBER 1129418) Copyright © 2017 Mottram Evangelical Church